The lovely Mary from Mary’s Average Adventures has nominated me for two awards! This is always very exciting because it’s nice to know that other people like your blog, and I simply adore answering questions. (then I don’t have to think up things to write about, it’s selfish, I know)
The Kind Blogger Award
It is asked that you have an image of the blog, continue with the nominations, and answer the following questions:
1.) Why is kindness and giving support so important? I simply don’t understand being unkind. Now that’s not to say that I am the picture of perfection when it comes to kindness, but I am very conscious to the point of anxious about being unkind to others. I’ve known unkindness and I’ve witnessed extreme unkindness, and let me tell you, it’s more damaging than most know. I just have no desire to bring about that sort of pain. There’s enough bad things in the world without creating more of it.
2.) What is your favorite thing about helping others? I’m a big believer that the more you help others, the more they will help others. I’ve seen it happen people. Positively impacting someone’s life often leads to them doing the same for someone else.
3.) What do you think is the best movie for showing the importance of kindness? Hmmm…I don’t know. I hate to steal the one Mary used, but Pay it Forward really is all about being kind to others.
4.) If you could give one inspirational message, what would it be? Every person is worth love. I’m not necessarily talking about romantic love, but rather being cherished by other human beings in a platonic or familial way. Even if you don’t feel it or aren’t receiving it, you are worth being loved.
5.) Why did you start your blog and how long have you been blogging for? I’ve been blogging for about a year. I guess I started because I was super self-conscious about other people reading things I’ve written and I thought letting strangers read blog posts would help me allow people I do know read by critical papers. It has seemed to help, plus I really enjoy making friends through blogging. That wasn’t something I expected.
The Sandycademy Award
Also from Mary. Here are the questions to order for this award:
1) What story have you shared on your blog that you feel was the most inspirational! Oh gosh. I never particularly thought of my blog as being inspirational. I get the most hits on my book reviews, I also think it’s always helpful to talk about mental illness. I do hope that my writing about reusable menstrual products such as cloth pads and menstrual cups gets someone out there to use them, because I am so passionate about it.
2) What blog post have you found on here to be the most inspirational to you? Hmm…that’s a tough one.
3) What is your favorite blog post you ever posted? I think it’s the letter I wrote to my 13 year old self.
4) What is the nicest thing you did for someone? I don’t know that I’ve ever done grand gestures, though I do just try and be a generally nice person. I also raise money for Dance Marathon, an organization that provides financial and emotional support for pediatric oncology patients though, and I think that’s pretty nice.
5) What gives you hope and happiness when you feel down? Hugs and chocolate.
6) What is your favorite song? Anything by Hozier. Seriously, I need more artists like him.
7) What is your favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice.
8) What is your favorite coping strategy? Yoga and tea!
9) What do you like most about yourself? My work ethic (though sometimes it goes a bit too far and makes me stressed).
10) Where do you see yourself in five years? Either still pursuing advanced degrees or working somewhere. Hopefully happy.
11) What is your favorite thing to do in summer? Read outside or go on walks when it’s not too hot and humid.
12) Who is the most important person in your life? It depends on what I need at the time. I know that’s a lame question
13) Who makes you happy most in life? A sense of community/acceptance.
I’m not going to nominate people like I should because I find it a tad too stressful right now, and I have no intentions of doing things that stress me out if I don’t need to.
Anywho, a big thank you to Mary, who is super lovely. Y’all should check her blog out. I loved answering these questions.
Until next time,